Saturday, July 10, 2010

Peach-Raspberry Jam

This peach-raspberry jam is absolutely addictive.  Since we had some peaches that needed to be used up at just the time when I had raspberries ready to can, I thought I'd combine them.  My friend Nina wanted a seedless raspberry jam, so I recruited her to sieve the raspberries (my least favorite part of seedless raspberry anything!) and this jam was the result.  Other than getting the seeds out of the raspberries, it's very easy, and the color is absolutely amazing!  Just be very careful when canning as I burned my thumb by pouring a ladle-full of steaming jam all over it (not advised!). 


Peach-Raspberry Jam (adapted from momee4five on Tasty Kitchen)
Makes 8 jars

2 cups pureed peaches (either peel first, or puree and then strain; either way, you want to have 2 cups smooth puree)
2 cups pureed raspberries, seeds strained (again, measure after straining)
7-1/2 cups sugar
2 T lemon juice
1 package pectin

Combine the fruit, sugar, and lemon juice in a large pot.  Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the pectin and boil for one minute, stirring constantly (or follow package instructions).  Ladle into jars.  Store in the fridge/freezer, or can in boiling water.

1 comment: